Re: ORA-12638 credential retrieval error

From: Andre Probst <ap_at_andre-probst.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 19:59:31 +0100

"Spencer" <spencerp_at_swbell.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:gxNc6.490$Yq5.195242_at_nnrp2.sbc.net...
> even though your organization doesn't think it's worth
> the cost, here's one possible solution to your problem.
> just let me know where to send the invoice.
>
> Edit the sqlnet.ora file and change the following parameter
>
> from:
>
> sqlnet.authentication_services = (NTS)
>
> to:
>
> sqlnet.authentication_services = (NONE)

Thank you so much, that was the point.

After changing the parameter I could do my work.

On other installations the problem was not known, don't know why especially at our place.

With the next big problem we will make a support contract, be sure.

I absolutely agree that it's more expensive to have 3 days of worktime and 5 days without Datawarehouse than a to buy a contract, my boss didn't (in the past)

Andre Received on Tue Jan 30 2001 - 12:59:31 CST