Re: ORA-12638 credential retrieval error

From: Andre Probst <ap_at_andre-probst.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 19:53:55 +0100

"Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:953h0l$bvr$1_at_soap.pipex.net...
> "Andre Probst" <ap_at_andre-probst.de> wrote in message
> <snip>
>
> > A consultant told me that it could be the ASUS Motherboard ( 1 Year
 old),
> > which may be not certified for W2K.
> > I flashed the BIOS with no result concerning the DB Installation.
> >
> > We've bought no support from Oracle, because normally there are no
 problems.
> > 1000 $ per year just for one question is too much.
>
> I can't pass on this one. Your organisation will not buy support for
 mission
> critical software. It will however buy a consultants time for advice on
 how
> motherboard type can lead to authentication failure. To say the least this
> is a strange set of priorities
>

> --
> Niall Litchfield
> Oracle DBA
> Audit Commission UK

The phonecall was free of charge. The set of priorities is a known problem (to me and others), its immanent in the whole company (not some more money for some employees but much for LCD Displays..) , can't do anything anything against it (but all other things are alright, including my salary).

However, the next big problem will cause a support contract, I don't want to work like that any longer.

Andre Received on Tue Jan 30 2001 - 12:53:55 CST