"Table must be declared" in procedure?

From: <mjgusa_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 14:28:25 GMT

Hi:

I am trying to have a procedure insert data into the table of the caller's schema and getting an error telling me that the result table "must be declared". I am just doing something like:   insert into otherguys.results (select whatever from mytable)

The procedure is a definer rights procedure, owned by the same user who owns mytable. I have even granted pretty much all privileges on both tables to all, but still I get this error trying to load the procedure. What's the real problem? Is there something like FORCE that I can use? I am using 8.1.7 on an NT.

Thanks,

   Mike

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Tue Jan 30 2001 - 08:28:25 CST