Re: analyze problems

From: Rocr <rolland.cright_at_pwgsc.gc.ca>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 07:48:43 -0500

Thanks Mark,

  The optimizer is set to CHOOSE(if there are stats it will use the cost based mode otherwise it will use the rules based) I initially ran stats on just 2 tables(the ones that were involved in a query that I was tuning). Once performance problems began to show themselves (after 1 week of the initial stats run on the two tables) I removed the stats and the performance returned to the old levels.

I then ran stats on the entire schema COMPUTE and I found the same problems.

Any ideas?