Re: Locally managed tablespaces. Safe?

From: <chiappa_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 12:09:35 GMT

> I've had many db's running exclusively on lmt's (excluding system of
> course) for 1-2 years (8.1.5, 8.1.6 and now 8.1.7) with no problems
> recorded as yet...
>
> I highly recommend them

Just for curiosity (I´m stucked here with 7.x, yet) : are there info for the LMT bitmaps in redos ? Or in controls ? If not, what is the mechanism built-in for Oracle to recover in the case of crashes ? Is possible to make point-in-time recovers as usual ? You have done it in LMT ? []s

      Chiappa

> --
> Connor McDonald
> http://www.oracledba.co.uk (mirrored at
> http://www.oradba.freeserve.co.uk)
>
> "Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Mon Jan 29 2001 - 06:09:35 CST