Re: sysdba login

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 23:25:37 +1100

<gorgos_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:953klg$hnv$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> Hello all,
> I've inherited an application that has a schema called sysdba! I've
> also got a user who wishes to be able to login as sysdba using SQLPLUS
> 8.1.5 but he gets the error:
>
> SP2-0306: Invalid option.
> Usage: CONN[ECT] [logon] [AS {SYSDBA|SYSOPER}] | [INTERNAL]
>
> Is there any way around this ? svrmgrl is not an option, as he can't
> access the server.
>
> This apparantly works in 8.0.4.

Not really information to go on (for example, what's actually being typed when that error appears??), and if he used to be able to do it in 8.0.4, I'll eat my hat, because SQLPLUS wasn't able to do privileged actions until 8.1.5, but anyway...

The connect string in SQLPLUS can vary, but I usually teach

C:\>sqlplus /nolog
SQL> connect blah/blah as sysdba

I believe you can also do

C:\> sqlplus "blah/blah as sysdba"

...but I always have "intertesting" results with that, so I stick with the "nolog" option.

More than that will require further (more specific) information on your part

Regards
HJR