Re: SQL*Loader question.

From: Klaus Zeuch <KZeuch_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 20:45:36 +0100

See below

Klaus
<sachinrg_at_my-deja.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:94uf5r$mld$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> I have a set of XLS, CSV files that need to be uploaded into an Oracle
> database. Is this possible using SQL*Loader?

CSV can be loaded; if you want to use native xls, you'll probably have to configure heterogeneous services (available in 8i only) allowing Oracle to directly access any ODBC-sources via database links

> If so how, if not how else?!

How? Standard answer: as described in the manual; as a little hint for csv: load data
infile '...'
into table ....
fields terminated by ',' optionally enclosed by '"' (....

For heterogeneous services see you manual (or the online version at http://technet.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_index.htm)