How to update multiple rows in table

From: <twoplustwo_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 17:52:15 GMT

What a day ... I've written SQL statements for years, but do you think I can figure this one out (brian dead)
I have two tables - bridge and com_user_contacts, all I want to do is update the one column in bridge (contact_data) with the contact_data column from com_user_contacts. I DO WANT to update multiple rows in the bridge table but for the life of me can't figure out how to write the update statement... Can some tell me what I am missing???? Below are some of my attempts....

Thanks

TwoPlusTwo

ERROR at line 5:
ORA-00936: missing expression
UPDATE bridge
SET bridge.contact_data = com_user_contacts.contact_data WHERE ( select com_user_contacts.contact_data from com_user_contacts, bridge
where com_user_contacts.userid = bridge.old_userid );

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Sat Jan 27 2001 - 11:52:15 CST