Date Format Problem/Internal Date Storage

From: SBumford <sbumford_at_aol.com>
Date: 27 Jan 2001 21:56:24 GMT

Hi all,

I have just experienced a problem with invalid inserted dates in Oracle.

Using the dump statement on the date field in my table, I found that the year byte is 201, whereas I was expecting this to be 101.

I am using a Prepared Statement using JDBC. My conclusion is that the problem is to do with the version of classes111.zip (Oracle JDBC driver classes) which uses the OCI73JDBC.DLL.

The only problem is that I cannot find any documentation of whether this is a bug to do with the above.

I have validated the date that I am passing, but what concerns me most is the fact that the year byte should never be greater than 199, whereas I'm getting 201.

Any knowledge about the problem.

TIA, Stephen Received on Sat Jan 27 2001 - 15:56:24 CST