lob storage/performance

From: <susana73_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 19:18:45 GMT

Hi,

I have a table that has 10 columns with 3 CLOBs. Developers are complaining performance is very slow. So I am looking into recreating the table with new storage parameters for CLOB. I got couple questions:

  1. What should the CHUNK size be set? My CLOB is around 0.5K - 1K in byte. My db block size is 4K. The CLOB is accessed very frequently.
  2. Does 'disable storage in row' increase performance?
  3. Is the LOB and the LOB index supposed to reside in the same or different tablespace?

Thanks very much.

Susan

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Fri Jan 26 2001 - 13:18:45 CST