SQL Server, Oracle or Informix

From: Daniel Paz Cornes <cornes_at_navegalia.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 13:04:55 +0100

Hello:

I'm looking for arguments to take a decission about what RDMBS to use for a GIS (Geographic Information System). Database has to store large objects like
images, satellite photograph, digitalized maps... I estimate data volume will be about 10-15 Gbytes. Security and stability are important but not critical, we plan to use Linux or Win NT
on Intel as platform. RAID controllers, etc...

We are in doubt for SQL Server, Informix or Oracle.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel Paz,, Received on Fri Jan 26 2001 - 06:04:55 CST