Hot-Stdby-DB vs. Parallel-Server

From: Andreas Schlager <aschlager_at_kaindl.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 12:14:50 GMT

Hi group!

We're running SAP R/3 on an IBM RS6K HACMP-Cluster with Oracle 8.0.5. I want to setup a shadow-db, which is in recovery mode permanently and applies all outcoming archives from the productive db.

BUT:
In the case of a crash from the productive db, I would loose some commited transactions (this one, which are in the online-redologs but not in the archives yet).

Is there a chance to recover the hot-standby db to the last commited transaction, when I have the online-redologfiles somewhere???

Tnx. in advance!

Andy Received on Thu Jan 25 2001 - 06:14:50 CST