Re: Incomplete Recovery

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jeremiah_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 04:31:31 GMT

Stan,

Just setting a tablespace to read only does not make it possible to reliably copy it with the database open. Just because you don't understand the internals of hot backup mode and why the files are written to during that time doesn't mean you shouldn't use it.

Check out my article if you are uncomfortable with hot backup mode.

http://www.wolfenet.com/~jeremiah/hot-backup.html

If you copied the files by just setting the tablespaces read only, then there is no expectation that your restore/recover should work. Not even using my "clear the recovery checkpoint flag" incantation will do it any good.

--
Jeremiah Wilton

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/