URGENT Help please with Oracle pricing and sizing

From: <bdimple_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 00:14:51 GMT

Hi,

I have a couple of URGENT question !!!

I have just been asked if I can provide a way of doing sizing estimates for an Oracle Database. For example, given 10,000 records in a table, how much disk space would that require.
Is there any way to do this ?
I have also been asked about Oracle's pricing structure. In particular, if Users on a Web Site send requests through a middle-tier Broker to a Database on a Server, how does Oracle charge for that ?
I have a feeling that in fact they charge by the CPU(s) power, but I may be wrong. They obviously can't charge by the number of users in an Internet Web Site so maybe they have some other approach.

An early reply would be a tremendous help !!!

My boss said he'd like an answer tomorrow - Help - get me out of here.

Thanks very much.

B.Dimple

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Jan 25 2001 - 18:14:51 CST