EMC Clariion 4500 (Your opinion)

From: <freedive_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 00:04:10 GMT

Hi,

   Anyone out there has opinion on EMC Clariion's FC4500 system - good or bad ?? We just purchased one. It will be hooked up to our SUN E6500 Oracle server w/800 users. Currently it has attached two A3500 arrays, each has five D1000 enclousre. Each enclosure has ten 18G disks. They are all connected via SCSI.

   We are running the following softwares :

   Sun OS 2.6
   Oracle 8.0.6.0.0
   Veritas Volume Manager 2.5
   Veritas File System 3.3.2 (w/ Oralce Quick I/O)    Networker 5.5.1

  We'd like to know :

  Last but not least, how's the support from EMC, especially on resolving problems/issues with co-existed SUN's disk array or Enterprise system ??

Thanks in advance for your help,

Bill

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Thu Jan 25 2001 - 18:04:10 CST