Re: dba_free_space missing a tablespace???

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 18:06:01 -0000

"Brian Peasland" <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov> wrote in message news:3A7046E4.AD8FC736_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov...
> Is the missing tablespace LOCALLY MANAGED? If so, then it won't show up
> in DBA_FREE_SPACE.

I don't get this behaviour. I get the following

  1 select t.tablespace_name,extent_management,sum(blocks)   2 from dba_tablespaces t,dba_free_space f   3 where t.tablespace_name = f.tablespace_name (+)   4* group by t.tablespace_name,extent_management SQL> /

TABLESPACE_NAME                EXTENT_MAN SUM(BLOCKS)
------------------------------ ---------- -----------
AGRHISTR                       LOCAL            16128
AGRHISTR4                      LOCAL            26624
AGRINDEX                       LOCAL              160
AGRINDEX4                      LOCAL              512
AGRSTATIC                      LOCAL            61584
AGRSTATIC4                     LOCAL             1536
AGRTEMP                        LOCAL           528640
AGRTRANS                       LOCAL            17008
AGRTRANS4                      LOCAL            39936
RBS                            LOCAL            19200
SYSTEM                         DICTIONARY       11796
TEMP                           LOCAL
TOOLS                          DICTIONARY        1919

In other words locally managed tablespaces do appear in dba_free_space. The one that is missing is our temp tablespace. I note that yours is also a temp tablespaces. We have defined our temp tablespace with the TEMPFILE option and my hunch is that this is the root of the behaviour shown.

Regards

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA