Re: Importing a Dump via Data Manager (from UNIX to Windows 2000)

From: Michael G. Schneider <mgs_at_mgs-software.de>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 08:06:58 +0100

That's an interesting statement (although I don't like to hear it). Do you know whether the situation is better with Oracle v8.1?

And another question: if an import is done from the command line and the same import is done from Enterprise Manager, isn't the same code executed? Isn't Enterprise Manger just some GUI on top of existing components?

Michael G. Schneider
mailto:mgs_at_mgs-software.de

"Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3a6e9ae5_at_news.iprimus.com.au...
> Welcome to the shady world of OEM which works when the wind is from the
 west
> and the last prime number that you thought of was bigger than 2^34and a
> half.
>
> As a general rule (which doesn't help *you* much, I realise) the CLI is
> infinitely more reliable and controlable than that dreaded GUI stuff. And
> speak as one who has shares in Microsoft. The problem is not so much GUI
> CLI as the fact that OEM barks.
>
> Regards
> HJR
>

> "Michael G. Schneider" <mgs_at_mgs-software.de> wrote in message
> > I am not an administration professional ("just" a software developer).
 So
> > usually I do like to have those graphical user interfaces.
> >
> > But of course, I tried the command line utility. And it worked
 immediately.
> > I have no idea, why the Data Manager fails and the IMP80 utility
 succeeds.

> > Thank's a lot.
> >
> > Michael G. Schneider
> > mailto:mgs_at_mgs-software.de
> >

> > "Jim Kennedy" <kennedy-family_at_home.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > > Have you tried using the command line arguments? (look up the import
 or
 imp
> > > utility in the documentation) or just go to a command prompt and type
 imp
> > > and answer the questions.
> > > Jim
> > > "Michael G. Schneider" <mgs_at_mgs-software.de> wrote in message
 Oracle
 8.05
 Oracle

 Import,