Re: Pivot Tables

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 21:47:11 -0800

> "Daniel A. Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote:
> > > Can I reference that cursor in a VIEW? Basically I've got a
 situation
> > > where I need to create a row from columns that I JOIN into (based on
> > > the newly created row) in a VIEW.

> > You can pivot Oracle data using the DECODE function.
> >
> > Daniel A. Morgan
> >

> Can you post a small exemple of this

Not really what I have is an article written by Joe Celko. The one time I used it was on a security system where I couldn't keep a copy of the code. Basically all you do is use DECODE and then alias the results to create the new column names.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Thu Jan 25 2001 - 23:47:11 CST