Re: Deploying Windows NT forms to Unix

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 21:38:16 -0800

> I develope software using Designer6 with Headstart on a Windows NT machine.
> Our Application server is running on an Unix machine so I have to put my FMB
> and PLL files from NT to Unix. Unix is case sesitive so I have to translate
> all FMB and PLL files to lowercase. From an Oracle consultant I've got a
> utility ElCheapo.This file dosn't work O.K. Does anyone has the same
> problems? Is there another utility?
>
> Does anybody knows if IAS is runing stable on a Windows NT enviorment? The
> OAS4.x seems to have much problems running on a Windows NT Server.

Why translate your files to lower case? Just write them that way from the beginning.

Running IAS on Solaris 2.6 and 2.7 and it is stable. Under the hood of IAS is Apache. A far far better web server than either OAS or IIS.

Installation can be a bit rough. But after it is up and running it is stable.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Thu Jan 25 2001 - 23:38:16 CST