Win NT 4.0 Startup problems with Oracle 8.1.6

From: Ralph Hofmann <ralphhofmann_at_vossnet.de>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 00:50:29 +0100

Hello Group,

I installed Oracle Standard Edition 8.0 (server and client) on two NT 4.0 boxes each, rebooted them just after installation and Oracle was fine. Then I noticed that the SGA consumed a bit too much memory to be comfortable and adjusted the values for shared pool to 8 MB, buffer cache to 4 MB, large pool to 600 KB and java pool to 8 MB. While I was at it I checked archivelog, automatic archival and set an archive destination.

After these adjustments Oracle won't start up after reboot. Starting the Database via Instance Manager or Enterprise Console works fine and the changed parameters are in effect.

The Question: Why doesn't Oracle come up during the NT-Boot?

Any tips appreciated!

Ralph Received on Thu Jan 25 2001 - 17:50:29 CST