Re: dba_free_space missing a tablespace???

From: Gerrit Scholten <ggj.scholten_at_worldonline.nl>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 19:16:07 +0100

I had the same problem with Oracle8i 8.1.6 for Windows NT. In DBA_FREE_SPACE tablespace SYSTEM was missing :(.

The database had just been created, no user objects had been created yet.
I managed to let SYSTEM show up in DBA_FREE_SPACE by creating a table in SYSTEM, and dropping the table thereafter. DBA_FREE_SPACE only showed the space that had been occupied by that table, NOT the other 60 MB that I added to SYSTEM by enlarging the datafile. Looks like a genuine bug to me.

Gerrit