Re: Language Character Sets

From: Peter J. Holzer <hjp-usenet_at_SiKitu.wsr.ac.at>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 15:39:08 +0100

On 2001-01-24 02:03, LF <froliol_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>And by Unicode you mean character set UTF8 and using nchar and nvarchar
>in the database?

I would use UTF8 as the database character set and use normal char and varchar variables. I tried using Latin-1 as the database character set and UTF-8 as the national character set some time ago, and got very strange results.

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | All Linux applications run on Solaris,
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | which is our implementation of Linux.