Re: Is there a limit of rows in V$ARCHIVED_LOG

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 15:56:52 -0000

I suppose you wouldn't like to complete the experiment - for use and change CONTROL_FILE_RECORD_KEEP_TIME to 21, and see if v$archived_log extends to about 4,500 rows, or sticks at 3,630. That's if your control file can grow safely, of course and you don't mind bouncing your database.

--
Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases

Publishers:  Addison-Wesley
See a first review at:
http://www.ixora.com.au/resources/index.htm#practical_8i
More reviews at: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html