Re: Oracle Memory processes

From: <hailey_kyle_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 02:42:37 GMT

in the init.ora, set

event="10261 trace name context forever,level <n>"

where <n> is value in Kilobyte

see Oracle bug 762114

(use events at your own discression!)

I can't believe that Oracle still has major memory leaks. We are in the same boat and killing the process from the app code. We know how many times certain bits of code will push the process size and the we kill our connection. This is off couse suppose to be a connection pool were connections are never closed! C'est la vie

Best
Kyle
In article <94m15l$5ue$2_at_canard.ulcc.ac.uk>,   af281_at_city.ac.uk (Kumar AN) wrote:
> What is the best way of going abouts the problem of having processes
 on an
> Oracle database killed if they exceeed a certain amount of memory
 usage?

> I know I can use 'top' to ascertain if Oracle processes are going
 over a
> certain number of Mb, but does anyone have a script or something
 similar
> which will regularly analyse a system for processes using over a
 certain
> amount of memory and then kill the process?
>
> 2 points I would like to clarify here.
>
> 1) The database user is 'oracle' and I run the database and no one
 else does.

> 2) It was a recommendation from Oracle themselves that in this
 particular
> case, Oracle processes taking up over 520Mb each should be killed. I
 have
> been doing this manually with no detrimental effect on the database.
 All I
> want to do it automate this now
>
> PS: This is a temporary fix till we, in conjunction with Oracle,
 figure out
> a better long-term solution
>
> Thanks
>
> Arv