Re: Incomplete Recovery

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jeremiah_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 20:17:50 GMT

I believe you guys are encountering the "recovery checkpoint" problem. You will often get "file... needs more recovery," when you are certain you should be able to open the database resetlogs after incomplete recovery. To clear this paradoxical condition, simply do the following:

alter database recover database using backup controlfile until cancel; (apply no logs)
alter database recover cancel;
alter database open resetlogs;

Although I can not profess to understand why this little bit of hocus pocus works, I have been told by COE and BDE people that it has to do with the "recovery checkpoint."

--
Jeremiah Wilton
http://www.wolfenet.com/~jeremiah

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/