Re: Java Stored Procedures vs SQL

From: <christianboivin_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 13:33:11 GMT

Hi,

Java stored proc :

When you have to do something that oracle can't, like a time stamp down to milisecond (ORAMAG Sept. or nov.)

True object oriented programming

Stroed Proc that are computation intensive with a few read/write will run more faster because of the package that are natively compiled like java.lang

PLSQL Stored proc:
Automatic visibility to SQL (you don't have to publish it like java stored proc)

More faster for sql intensive proc, no sql datatype conversion

A good book that cover this :
Tips & Techniques
"Real world approaches to maximizing oracle 8i Web-enabled DB Server" from Osborne

Regards
Chris

In article <94lu41$emr$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   shurgot_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> … Coming from a Java programmer not familiar with Oracle, please bare
> with me.
>
> This may be a stupid question, but are there performance issues using
> Java Stored procedures rather than writing your stored procedures with
> SQL inside or Oracle? I am new to Oracle, so I am not sure the best
> way to phrase this question, but if you have any input let me know.
>
> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Wed Jan 24 2001 - 07:33:11 CST