Oracle Memory processes

From: Kumar AN <af281_at_city.ac.uk>
Date: 24 Jan 2001 07:44:53 GMT

What is the best way of going abouts the problem of having processes on an Oracle database killed if they exceeed a certain amount of memory usage?

I know I can use 'top' to ascertain if Oracle processes are going over a certain number of Mb, but does anyone have a script or something similar which will regularly analyse a system for processes using over a certain amount of memory and then kill the process?

2 points I would like to clarify here.

  1. The database user is 'oracle' and I run the database and no one else does.
  2. It was a recommendation from Oracle themselves that in this particular case, Oracle processes taking up over 520Mb each should be killed. I have been doing this manually with no detrimental effect on the database. All I want to do it automate this now

PS: This is a temporary fix till we, in conjunction with Oracle, figure out a better long-term solution

Thanks

Arv Received on Wed Jan 24 2001 - 01:44:53 CST