Re: Incomplete Recovery

From: <si_bendovi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 23:58:16 -0600

Cold backup takes too long. What I was trying is to save time to restore (copy) files. I found by making tablespace files read only that checkpoint is made to file even when in backup mode. Error of CKPT process was:

Since there is possible to do incomplete recovery to change only after file is copied, I have to all the time recover to the last change, which I am trying to avoid. I have no idea how Oracle handle consistency of those tablespace files in case copy takes very long time!? I was thinking files are not touched by server, but they having headers updated even in backup mode!
I guess solution to this maid be what Jeremiah wrote:

alter database recover database using backup controlfile until cancel; (apply no logs)
alter database recover cancel;
alter database open resetlogs;

I was using just command 'recover database' in server manager.

Thanks,

    Stan