Re: Incomplete Recovery

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 07:07:22 +1100

I suspect the usual file 1 reference is simply because it's the first file in the list. Ever done a select * from v$recover_file when you get the message?

If you ask me, I reckon the problem is in doing a shutdown abort. ALL the documentation for incomplete recoveries (indeed, for any recovery) insists on an immediate at the very least. An abort leaves the Controlfile in an inconsistent state... and guess which file isn't restored when performing incomplete recoveries??

Regards

> > In article <3a6e83f5_at_news.iprimus.com.au>,
> > "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes, well... best to learn about what's involved in an incomplete
 recovery,
> > > I suspect. For starters, you need to restore ALL datafiles from a
 backup
> > > taken before your test -but most definitely NOT the Controlfiles or
 Online