Re: Incomplete Recovery

From: Jim Gregory <JG200024_at_NCR.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:38:38 -0500

Syband,
I've had this error numerous times on a restore/roll forward. It appears that unless you roll forward to an SCN or a point in time, not just until a cancel, The data dictionary ( thus the usual file 1 reference ) can sometimes be in an inconsistent state with the rest of the DD transaction in the next archive or possibly re-do file ( and they may not be available )

This doesn't happen often, but if you do enough restores with roll forward it does occur. When it does, I have to find the SCN closest to the point of problem or the point in time and then start the process over again and roll forward to those values.

--
Jim Gregory
Principal Consultant for Keane, Inc.
<sybrandb_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:94m6u4$lq8$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...

> In article <3a6e83f5_at_news.iprimus.com.au>,
> "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, well... best to learn about what's involved in an incomplete
recovery,
> > I suspect. For starters, you need to restore ALL datafiles from a
backup
> > taken before your test -but most definitely NOT the Controlfiles or
Online