Re: SQL*PLUS not recognizing table with _

From: Lothar Armbrüster <la_at_oktagramm.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 18:05:34 +0100

MAbbouchi_at_IITRI.ORG wrote:
> Using Oracle 8i release 3.
>
> I created a table called RMOD_Time, no problem.
> Using SQL*PLUS I try to (select * from RMOD_Time) it and I get the
> error
> object does not exist,
> I can open the DBA studio and see it there.
>
> From DBA Studio I can create like table but name it anything without
> underscore
> and SQL*PLUS have no problem.
>
> Can anyone confirm that this is SQL*PLUS problem???

Well I don't think the underscore is the problem. In our DB we have lots of tables and almost every tablename contains an underscore. Most likely the tool you created the table with created a case sensitive tablename.
Try:

select table_name from user_tables;

If your table shows up with lower case letters in the name, you have to put the table name in quotes like this:

select * from "RMDD_Time";

Another cause of the problem may be simply a missing grant.

Hope that helps,
Lothar

--
Lothar Armbrüster       | la_at_oktagramm.de
Hauptstr. 26            | la_at_heptagramm.de