Re: fixed size

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 20:07:51 -0000

If you want to see what is 'in' the fixed size,

    select * from x$ksmfsv;

This shows identifies a number of fixed values, vectors and pointers used by Oracle to locate all the rest of the information in the SGA (I believe). Different platforms use different sized objects to hold (e.g.) long pointers, which is why the size of the fixed area is platform dependent.

--
Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases

Publishers:  Addison-Wesley
See a first review at:
http://www.ixora.com.au/resources/index.htm#practical_8i
More reviews at: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html