Re: TPC-C Superdome init.ora ?

From: <hailey_kyle_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 00:53:29 GMT

I'm unfamiliar with what you are making reference to, but the # of CPUs is used in some cases to calculate the # of latches protecting some structures. Thus the cpu_count can be used to fudge the # of some latches. I wouldn't particularly spend too much time studying a TPC-C init.ora because often there are cludges which make very little difference and no difference at all unless the system is maxed to the bleeding point which is not the case of any production system since work loads come in waves and any system running as close to the edge as a TPC that gets a surge will typically go over in any of various ways, memory/paging, CPU etc, or just serious reductions in through put due to bottle knecks on any of a number of Oracle resources.

Best
Kyle

In article <94l1mh$nkl$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   jobrien99_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just wondering why the cpu_count is set to 64 in the latest tpc c with
> the superdome when there are only 48 cpus ?
>
> What about the compatible parameter and the announced version ?
>
> John
>
> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Sent via Deja.com