How to shut down in Oracle 8.1.6 instance in Multi-threaded configureation with Normal mode?

From: Zhenming <zmwang_at_maloca.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 04:49:02 GMT

After installation Oracle 8.1.6 on NT and created a database with Oracle Database Assistant Configuration, I find I cannot shut down a database with Shutdown normal either with Server Manager or Instance Manager without any other user connected. I remember when I created the database, I chose a 100 concurrent users, while Oracle's default is 15. if more than 15 users were chosed, Oracle will configured the database in Multi-threaded configuration, instead of dedicated server. If in this case, how can I use dedicated login to shutdown the database in Normal mode? Any help will be appreciated.

Zhen Received on Tue Jan 23 2001 - 22:49:02 CST