Oracle Install problem on NT4

From: Gary Abbott <snypergva_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 15:08:51 -0800

All,

I'm fairly new to Oracle, SQL DBA for many years. I'm trying to install 8.1.7 on NT sp6a. I keep getting dll errors that it cant find the file off the cd. I ordered the cd's from Oracle expecting them to work better. OCI.dll is the one that it cannot find. Any ideas? I would like to port my SQL database over for performance testing. Do you think its the cd? I've tried several times, deleted what it attempted to install and remove it from the registry, so it would be a clean install.

Thanks,

Gary Abbott
Lead Database Architect
Hewlett-Packard Received on Tue Jan 23 2001 - 17:08:51 CST