Re: To follow responders -- building an FAQ

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 06:35:36 +0100

I have to agree with Howard. Also many of those questions are archived at www.deja.com and it is a known fact even people posting from deja almost never query the archives before they start posting. Sometimes I have the feeling they take the CD out of its tray and I start posting. So, if we are going to do this (and I would probably also contribute), we'll inevitably need to get nasty to the people not reading manuals, not querying the archives and not reading the FAQ.
A few weeks ago I discovered Jonathan Lewis has a page with such questions online at http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk I don't recall he ever posted the URL (and I don't remember it now), so either this is wasted time, or we need to get into touch with him and his URL to check out what has already been done.
Mind you, there is a FAQ at www.orafaq.org , but it doesn't address the familiar issues posted here, so if we are going to do this it better be more comprehensive, so it *is* used.
That all said, I think it is worth the effort, and I would like to contribute. It would be a measure to keep me responding.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA