Re: designer

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:42:03 +0100

I would be willing to help you, but your message only tells me you have a problem in your tnsnames.ora. In short you provide insufficient detail to resolve your problem.
Please post listener.ora, sqlnet.ora and tnsnames.ora Before you do that make sure you don't have different tnsnames.ora floating around on your system. As you have products installed which use a different net<xx>/admin directory you are a likely victim of that problem.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

"Florian May" <Florian.May_at_MYsoftware.de> wrote in message news:94go0m$hm2$02$1_at_news.t-online.com...
> Hi,
>
> I've installed the oracle-server and the designer on a notebook which
 isn't
> connected to any network. I've created a new user and with this user I can
> connect to the oracle instance. If I want to connect to the oracle
 designer
> with the same user (and pwd and host-string) then I've no problem to start
> the designer.
> If I now try the same procedure on my computer in the windowsNT-domaine
 and
> I've created an oracle-user, too then, if I try to connect the
> oracle-designer, I've no success. "Could not resolve service name". But
 I've