What ramifications are there for running two Instances on one host server.

From: toddthom <orclnwsgrp_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 01:50:22 GMT

 Hello Generous and All-Knowing,

I'm a jdba and I'm currently involved in building an Operational Data Store and a Data Warehouse on one HPUX (11.0) N-Class server......two SID's one one node. We haven't actually built it yet, but, I thought Oracle's rule was a one to one relationship with regard to instance and database.....wouldn't this break the rule? If not, what configuration recommendations would you make with regard to resources?

Thanks

Todd
Peace

Sent via Deja.com