Is there a limit of rows in V$ARCHIVED LOG

From: Frank an der Heiden <fh_at_energotec.de>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:25:35 +0100

hi folks,

I have a problem with the mentioned v$ view.

In order to delete all obsolete and not longer necessarry archiv-logs, I wrote a little tool which gets the lowest sequence-number which is needed, to recover the oldest backup-set.

with the help of the view v$archived log, i want to get the filenames of all
archive-logs, whose sequence-number is LOWER then the lowest needed sequence-number. all these archiv-logs can be deleted without danger.

for example: the lowest sequence number is 112.

d:\orant\oradata\mdb\archiv\archiv000110 <- to delete
d:\orant\oradata\mdb\archiv\archiv000111 <- to delete
d:\orant\oradata\mdb\archiv\archiv000112
d:\orant\oradata\mdb\archiv\archiv000113
d:\orant\oradata\mdb\archiv\archiv000114

normally this works without any problem, but now it happend two times, that not all existing archivelogs appear in the v$archived log view -> not all logs are deleted.

my question is: is there a limitation of rows in v$archived log? how can it happen, that not all logs which are written by oracle appear in this view.
is there a possibility, to delete them manually?

thanx in advance

--
MfG / Best Regards

Frank an der Heiden
ESA - Energotec Systeme und Automation GmbH
Tel: +49 (0)211 91440-19
Fax:+49 (0)211 669343
email: fh_at_energotec.de
"I came, saw and installed everything new!"