Importing a comma delimited file or excel worksheet into Oracle 8i .

From: Edward Ascencio <cedwarda_at_altavista.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 13:54:46 -0800

Hi, Guys

    How can I import a comma delimited file say a text I create with data, with two large string fields that would be used for recording memos to the extent medium size paragraphs into all ready created Table that matches the Character types from the columns from the excel worksheet or file.

I know I can write something in C to read from and write to the database or use PL-SQL embedded
programming to do it. Is there any other methods you guys might know of.

Import/ Export Utility I have read about but I haven't worked with it

Edward Ascencio
Client / Server Applications Developer
Folsom, Ca. Received on Mon Jan 22 2001 - 15:54:46 CST