Re: How to store a table in memory only?

From: Myron Wintonyk <mwintony_at_med.ualberta.ca>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 08:31:24 +1000

Actaully, the original poster asked about a table in memory ONLY. A cached table is stored on disk.

In addition, when you alter a table with the cache clause, it does NOT move it into memory. In fact, it may NEVER get into memory. What the cache clause does is tall oracle that when a FULL TABLE SCAN is done, the contents of the table should be placed at the most recently used end of the LRU list, rather than the norm, which is at the least recently used end of the LRU list.