Re: How can I change an Instance location ?

From: Brian Everett <brian.everett01_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 02:58:54 GMT

Copy the files over when the database is shutdown. Then mount the database.
Then do some ALTER DATABASE RENAME 'old file spec' to 'new file spec';.
to tell the database where these files have been relocated. Then do a ALTER DATABASE OPEN
to see that it was recorded in the
DBA_DATA_FILES table.

Good Luck!
Brian