Re: Consequence of renaming table for triggers ?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 23:45:14 +0100

On Sat, 20 Jan 2001 00:23:14 GMT, "M.RAMBELOSON" <MRambeloson_at_free.fr> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Anyone can tell what happen to a trigger defined on a table that has
>been renamed ?. I met the case, it seems that the old table name remains
>in the trigger body, but the new one appers in the TABLE_NAME column of
>the DBA_TRIGGERS dictionary table ...
>
>Thanks in advance
>Max.

Which is quite logical. Do you a rename expect to 'edit' your pl/sql code, which has been stored in a long. I don't think so. Also, I'm not sure why you are using the table name in your code. Usually that is not necessary.

Regards,
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Sun Jan 21 2001 - 16:45:14 CST