Re: how to create a database link

From: John Russell <johnrussell10_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 22:53:56 GMT

On Mon, 08 Jan 2001 20:28:40 GMT, David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_aol.com> wrote:

>In our last gripping episode ouaatchane76_at_my-deja.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>> how cani dreate a database link from another database by using
 sqlplus.
>> thanks.
>>
>> Sent via Deja.com
>> http://www.deja.com/
>>

>This is covered quite well in the documentation. Nonetheless:
>
>create [public] database link <linkname>
>connect to <username> identified by <password>
>using <connect string>;
>
>Using Oracle Names the linkname must be the same as the connect string
>or you will receive an error message.

True it's covered well, but useful information is a little scattered between Concepts, SQL Reference, and the Distributed Database book. A way to get an overview on the whole subject is:

http://tahiti.oracle.com/pls/tahiti/tahiti.drilldown?word=database+link&book=&preference=&vbook=1

John Received on Sat Jan 20 2001 - 16:53:56 CST