Re: ORACLE SUPPORT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!1

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 03:19:47 GMT

Perhaps you could tell us about your problem and we could help. I have had some very good and some less than good support from Oracle. (never had anyone be rude, but then I was not rude to them; so that might have helped.) Unfortunately, you are dealing with people on the other end and some people are not cut out for support; you might have gotten one of those people. It is true that I often know more about Oracle than the person I initially deal with on the other end with Oracle support. However, they are the access to more knowledgeable people. I take the approach of a lot of patients. I explain my problem, what I have done and where I am stuck. My treating them as professionals (while they may not really know that much) they are respective and will not often stonewall. I get the assistance I need. I am persistent and if the issue is important to the business I stress that and I keep after them. I don't let tars sit. Also don't let them give the tar a new number. This is a trick so their manager won't see that something has sat unanswered. Also don't let them close it if it is not resolved to your satisfaction. Call back on your tar; each time you do and they have not returned your call it gets bumped up in priority.

One must be firm and clear as to why this is important to your business. You also have to give a little; let them have some "wins" so they don't feel inept. The goal is to solve your problem and not get into a pissing contest with them. Concentrate on the goal of solving the problem, show some willingness to cooperate. I don't know what transpired with regards to your situation, but the above has helped me a lot.

Cheers,
Jim