Re: Oracle/Veritas Data Corruption - Complicated!

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 08:38:04 -0000

William of Occam says the problem is with EMC. Don't they have a mechanism that moves hypervolumes to rebalance the box ? Is it possible that this kicked in on the fly when you copy started getting busy, and made a mistake when moving a production file ?

--
Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases

Publishers:  Addison-Wesley
See a first review at:
http://www.ixora.com.au/resources/index.htm#practical_8i
More reviews at: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html