oracle and unix ownership/permissions

From: John Dunn <JLDunn_at_ukgateway.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 21:18:09 -0000

Aarrghhhh!

Do Oracle processes always run as the oracle user?

I need to read a file via utl_file that is owned by another user and is read only to that user, i.e 400 permissions.

This is the way the Unix system admin is set up. Unix systems admin has assigned a user and directories for me to use and this file can only be read only for that user.How can I get Oracle to read it....can I change the user that oracle runs as to run as an application user?

John Received on Fri Jan 19 2001 - 15:18:09 CST