Re: How can I change an Instance location ?

From: <raas.no_spam_at_interware.hu>
Date: 19 Jan 2001 12:37:54 GMT

Fabrice Bachellerie <fbachellerie_at_scopeland.de> wrote:
> I have one instance on C: and of course not enough place now.... Typical
> newbie...

first: *** CREATE FULL BACKUP ***

For control files: change their location in init.ora while the DB is offline.

For non-SYSTEM tablespaces: (database can be open)

  1. alter tablespace X offline immediate
  2. move the data files associated w/ that tablespace to their new location
  3. ALTER DATABASE RENAME DATAFILE 'C:\THIS\THAT.DBF' to 'D:\OVER\THERE\THAT2.DBF'
  4. alter tablespace X online

Create a new RBS tablespace, new rollback segments, and drop the old ones (taking them offline first).

Create a new temporary tablespace.

for the SYSTEM tablespace, shutdown, startup mount, and rename the files.

startup (alter db open), shutdown normal.

when finished, *** CREATE FULL BACKUP ***

regards
raas Received on Fri Jan 19 2001 - 06:37:54 CST