Syntax error or access violation in ASP

From: <newguysanfran_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 08:03:02 GMT

[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle]Syntax error or access violation

/Lester/reciever.asp, line 12

from this code:

'DSN-less Connection

        sConnStr = "Driver=Microsoft ODBC for
Oracle;Server=serverName;UID=SYS;PWD=change_on_install"

'Create and Open Connection Object

	Set oADOConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
	oADOConn.Open  sConnStr

        sSQL = "SELECT firstName, lastName"
        sSQL = sSQL & "FROM displayTable"

	Set rsADRS1 = oADOConn.Execute(sSQL)

I can access the Database through toad on this machine. The tnsnames is definitely setup. I'm not sure why I get an access violation. The sql statement works when run through toad? Any idea's. I'm just trying to get this set up on this machine. It's 8.1.5 personal edition. Does this affect it in some way?

Regards,
Bryan

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/ Received on Fri Jan 19 2001 - 02:03:02 CST