Re: Sun vs NT

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:56:42 GMT

> Remember the ONLY reason for this is Oracle refuse to ditch their
> installer in favour of Microsoft's installer.

Or is it Microsoft's instance that only their installer can be used and no one else's installer is good enough?

This is not to say that I like Oracle's Universal Installer. In fact, it is the worst installer I've ever worked with. The constant problem that many, many people have where the installer just disappears mid-way through the install is atrocious. Give me the old Oracle Installer any day over the newer UI. But I digress....

Just my 3.14159265 cents worth,
Brian

Brian Peasland
Raytheons Systems at